Friday, August 6, 2010

Jeju Island!

Hello, friends and family.

Well, Liz flew back to LA on Tuesday and I headed back to work this week. It was an amazing couple of weeks and I have pictures to prove it. I finally have some time to sort through photos. We spent six days in Jeju with some of my coworkers and we had another seven days in Seoul. We had a BLAST. Liz - THANK YOU for flying out to visit!!! :)


We stayed at the Hiker's Inn on the harbor in Seogwipo, on the south side of Jeju Island.



Waterfall #1 - Cheonjiyeon Falls - a five minute walk from our hostel.


Waterfall #2 - Cheonjeyeon Falls. Cheonjeyeon means 'Pond of the Heaven's Emperor.'

According to Korean legend, nymphs would descend from the heavens at night and bathe in the waterfall’s pond.


We had to cross this cool-looking 'Bridge of the Seven Nymphs' to view the falls.

Waterfall #3 - Jeongbang Falls. This was just a 1km walk from our hostel. Look at the rainbow! This was by far my favorite. We sat on the rocks and stared at the waterfall, the rainbow and the waves crashing in from the ocean. So beautiful...


A pretty walking path near Jeongbang Falls.

Liz getting a quick workout on some exercise equipment.


I have no idea what the story is behind this but isn't it cool?!




The little guy was exhausted.




We spent a day at Jungmun Beach and swam in the ocean.


Just about everywhere we went on the island had a beautiful view of Halla Mountain. I hope to hike this mountain before I leave Korea.


Liz and Becca on the ferry to Udo Island, a smaller island off the eastern coast of Jeju.



We rode scooters around the island!


Meep beep!


'Just like Ireland!' We took a break to view the scenery. I read somewhere that Jeju Island looks a lot like Ireland so I already had it in my mind and possibly made this observation several (hundred) times while scooter-ing around the island. But it's TRUE! LOOK at the green! Beautiful. :)



'The Cliffs of Udo'


We hit up the noraebong on our last night on the island. Liz and I naturally stole the show. Literally. We never gave up the microphone.


A natural!

Some other fun photos:


Becca and her fiance, Nate. We FINALLY got to meet him! He flew out for a two-week visit. :)
They're gettin' hitched next summer!


A view of Jungmun Beach.


The crew at the beach (Nate, Nikki, Becca, Liz and Bret).


Je-besties in Jeju. ;)


Lighthouse on Udo Island.


One of the hareubang statues that Jeju is known for.


We went to the east side of the island to walk through some lava caves. We walked for maybe 1km underground to see the cave walls and 'lavicles' formed by the lava. It was nice and cold and Liz felt it was the perfect opportunity to showcase one of her many talents: telling knock knock jokes. If I may, I'd like to share the video, with Liz's permission. Yes, Liz, you said I could! You might have been talking in your sleep. I can't be sure... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment