So...a quick update! August was hot, humid, rainy, busy and fun. My students have been especially cute and smart and lovely lately and I hope they'll keep it up. :)
I went to the beach a few weekends ago on an island on the west coast and enjoyed another swim in the ocean.
I joined my friend Sun and her mother at a dance school grand opening party last week. I got to dress up and eat some delicious food, drink some tasty wine and watch some amazing dancers and I danced the cha cha (I think that's what it's called...?) for a few minutes. Sun's friend was our link to the party. She has been taking lessons so she performed a beauitful dance with one of the school's instructors. And Sun's mother was AMAZING! She took lessons years ago and allegedly hasn't dance in a long, long time. I don't believe her. She was graceful and quick stepping and twirling and floating and flying over the dance floor. She hardly had the chance to rest because so many of the instructors were asking to dance with her. :) It was a beautiful evening.
And this morning I went for a hike with some coworkers around some of the old city gates in the mountains that surround Seoul. The weather here is still pretty hot but I think this next month will be perfectly not too hot and not too cool. Perfect weather for hiking! :)
I guess that's it from me. September will be a busy month because we have vacation! Yesss! Chuseok is like thanksgiving for Koreans and many people travel outside of Seoul to visit family. We'll get four days off of work and I can't wait! Tim will be visiting for a SECOND TIME (!!!!!) over the holiday and hopefully we'll spend some time on the east coast of Korea. I haven't been but I hear it's beautiful and I wouldn't be surprised since everywhere else I've been outside of Seoul has been gorgeous. So hopefully I'll have some pretty pictures when I post next. :)
Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Labor Day!
Sun's friend is in the pink. She danced so well! And she looked beautiful. :)

MY friend Sun. Sun is the cousin of my friend Gene but Sun and I agree that we are now friends and will no longer be known as Gene's cousin or Gene's friend. Sorry, Gene. You're no longer a part of things. But thanks for introducing us. :)

Sun and her (super) mom.

The ladies on the dance floor. I conveniently took a trip to the restroom to avoid this group lesson. However, I regret that decision as this dance was much easier than the cha cha.

My name on the card. :)

A view of Seoul from the hike this morning.


With some coworkers: Justin, Chloe and Sophia

No comments:
Post a Comment