The purpose of tonight's post is two-fold:
1) To show off my stellar apartment. My skype friends tell me it's a must-see and that everyone will be jealous. It's so huge I had to take multiple pictures. You know, to get a panoramic view.
2) To report that I have two full days as Kelly Teacher under my belt and I had FUN! The kids are well-behaved so far and so, so smart. And they are ADORABLE. I actually felt so moved by their cuteness in my first class that I wrote the following in my notes during their coloring time: 'My hearts hurts these kids are so cute'. They were so cute. My heart does hurt. It hurt so much I couldn't even use punctuation. I had to write it down right then and there or I swear I was going to burst.
My favorite moment so far has been bus shuttle time. All of us preschool teachers head to our bus areas to help organize the students. On both days, a teeny, tiny little girl by the name of Min-ji has been crying. She is only six and this is her Korean age - she is probably 4 or 5 if you count years from her exact birth date. From what I understand, Koreans automatically count newborns as one year old at birth and they gain another year at the new year. So a baby born in October will be two years old only three months after birth (hope I got that right). Min-ji speaks probably three words of English. And as you all must know or assume, I speak about two words of Korean. She looked up at me with these huge, dark, beautiful, tear-filled eyes and said something that sounded like 'sdoijfasdiofmsdf?' It didn't matter that we couldn't understand each other. I am pretty sure she wanted her mommy and I wanted to get her to her mommy. On the first day, I just made sure her hand was always in mine and today I scooped her up and held her for awhile. My friend Becca has Min-ji in her class and says she cries every day for the first fifteen minutes (Min-ji, not Becca). Poor little girl...she's crying and scared and all I can do is smile and hold her and look around at the rest of the teachers and say 'Look how cute she is!' But we all agree...she is adorable. Who knew I'd love this preschool age so much?! I must say...I don't think anyone would disagree about the cuteness of these kiddos.
I'm really excited about this year. Of course it's still early and maybe in a few months I will be crying for my mommy. But I think it's going to be a lot of fun.
Time for bed. Please enjoy the amazing photos below. And don't all email me at the same time to book your stay with me in my amazing apartment. I might need to create a calendar and get back to you on availability. Muah ha ha. But seriously, please let me know if you want to visit!
Goodnight!
KAAS

Thus begins the panoramic tour of my apartment. Here's the front door!

The view from just outside the front door.

My kitchen/bathroom sink.

Yes, that's a hula hoop behind my bed. The former resident left behind quite a few goodies, like the drapes, bamboo thingies and a hula hoop!




I just laughed out loud at the bathroom pic and my dog stared at me. :) AMAZING use of space!
ReplyDelete