I enjoyed a laid back weekend. We had a girls night in on Friday which was wonderful. We sat around, ate some pizza, watched a movie, drank some wine and just relaxed. On Saturday, Becca and I went to Itaewon for some Mexican food. Ohmygoodness the guacamole and salsa was deLISH! Itaewon is filled with foreigners so we heard lots of English conversations around us. It was like stimulation overload. I'm used to zoning out of conversations around me since I can't fully (or hardly) understand the language but last night my head was twisting every which way, thinking someone must be talking to me since I'm usually one of only a few westerners in my neighborhood. Just about everyone in Itaewon was heading to a bar or restaurant to watch the Korean soccer team in their first World Cup game. We could hear lots of cheering so we weren't surprised to hear they won. Good job, Korea!
Today we spent some time at Changdeokgung, another palace located right in the middle of the city. I'll post some photos below.
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Take care,
Kelly

Old meets new.















No comments:
Post a Comment