I don't have a lot to report from this week so I thought I'd share an AMAZING video with y'all. :)
Every month, preschool students perform a birthday song in English for their parents and fellow students. You know...to prove that we actually are teaching something at school and not just sitting around talking about how cute the kids are. We've performed Walking on Sunshine and Bibbidi Boppidi Boo up to this point. This month it was my turn to come up with a song so I chose Billy Joel's 'For the Longest Time'. Thankfully, the kids loooooved it. We had the birthday party on Friday and I served a second time as the MC. Thankfully, I was less awkward now that I'm getting used to being a teacher and just have a better idea of what it means to MC a preschool birthday party. :)
Sam, my partner teacher and the guy on the left in the video, suggested New Kids on the Block for next month. Muah ha ha! Sam's knowledge of old school American pop culture is amazing (and by old school I mean late 80s/early 90s). He went to college in Indiana from 1995 to 2000 so he's constantly surprising me and bringing me back to the past with quotes from such classics as Princess Bride, Dumb and Dumber ;) and Married With Children. Yes, Married With Children. I can't believe the number of episodes I've seen of this show. I blame my brother. ;) I would also like to note that Sam's performance of 98 Degrees' 'This I Promise You' was a hit a few months ago when the preschool teachers hit up a local noraebong (karoake).
Anyway, I think the kids are adorable and I hope you'll enjoy the video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you mean Married with Children?
ReplyDeleteWoopsiedaisies! Thanks, Paymon. My bad. I just went ahead and...fixed the glitch. By the way, any updates on your potential trip to this part of the world in December??
ReplyDeleteThe kids ARE adorable. Great choreography, good singing. They really got the "for the longest time" part down.
ReplyDeleteOMG they are so cute!!! hehe, LOVE this =)
ReplyDelete