Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friends in Seoul - Part 1 :)

Hello again!

I have way too many pictures and can't even recall everything I've done over the last ten days so I'll have to post a few for now and follow up later in the week. I hope you all can live with the suspense.

Payal arrived last Thursday and stayed through this last Wednesday. Kristi and Matt arrived last Sunday and flew home today. We had a blast! All of my Seoul friends loved my MN and DC friends. I am now the most popular girl in school because my friends are so awesome. ;) Payal, Kristi and Matt - thank you for visiting!!!! :)

First batch o' photos are below.



Hiking in Ganghwa with Payal and some of my coworkers.
Ganghwa is about an hour west of Seoul near the coast.


Pretty lily pads in Yeouido Park.


More cherry blossoms. :) Also at Yeouido.


Some hikers in Ganghwa.


Friends! Kristi, Payal, Matt and I joined Seung Hoon (my Korean tutor!) and two of his friends for dinner and dessert in Insadong.

Kristi & Payal in the city. Poor girls and Matt were stuck with three rainy days. But thankfully we had some nice weather on the front and back end of their trips.


Exploring Hyehwa. We found the loveliest cafe with delicious waffles. I love the waffles in this city!


'Scrumptrulescent.'


Payal, Kristi & Matt came to class with me this week! Here's a view of the hallway during morning dialogue.


Blue Sally looooooved the visitors. She grabbed Payal by the hand and pulled her into the classroom. :)


So great!


Korean BBQ on the second to last evening with my lovely MN friends.
To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if i'm more confused by 1) waffles with ice cream as the mainstay dessert, or 2) why we don't have them in the U.S. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Tea Waffles are the best. Yumm. Had a BLAST Kelly and LOVE your kids =)

    ReplyDelete