Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friends in Seoul - Part 2

Anyong haseyo!

I thought I'd upload some more photos from the last few weeks. A quick update is below. But first, I should warn everyone who checks daily for my new posts (so everyone, right?) that I likely won't have any updates for the next two weeks. I have a special visitor arriving tonight!! :)

Ok, update below:

- I went with some friends to za beach this weekend. We took the subway, some buses and a ferry ride out to Muuido Island. It was beautiful! And, I'm not usually competitive but...Liz, do you really think Maui is more beautiful than this?! ;)

- Kristi, Matt, Becca and I took a day trip last Saturday to Cheonan. I think I uploaded a few photos in my last post but I included some pictures of our trip to see a buddha statue. And of course some pretty flowers. Can't get enough of the beautiful greens, pinks, whites, etc.

-Also last weekend, I ran a 10K!!! And finished. Can you believe it? It wasn't bad. I had my tunes and it was a gorgeous day on the river. Photos below.

My friends Matt and Maija reminded me the other day that I have now been here almost three months which means I am a QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH ALREADY!! Hard to believe. I've had such a great time and made some really great friends. These next two months will be fun but sad because my three closest friends, aside from Becca, my 'Seoulmate' :), will be packing up and heading home. Matt and Maija leave at the end of May and Rachel at the end of June. Three new teachers will be taking their place and I believe two of the 'newbies' arrive next weekend. And so the cycle continues.

Alrighty, I think that's the latest and greatest from this girl. I hope my MN friends and fam are staying warm. I heard there's some SNOW on the ground?! Craziness. Just FYI, it's currently in the 70s over here. :)


Hope everyone is doing great.


-KAAS




On the ferry heading to Muuido Island.




Koreans feeding the seagulls while all of my friends sit back in disgust. But not I. I like seagulls. :)



Muuido Beach.


Later in the day, the tide went out probably a quarter of a mile or so.



The boats just sit in the sand until the tide comes back.







The Buddha statue in Cheonan.

More pretty trees and flowers.






Matt, Becca and Kristi. :)





The 10k!! Post-run with Rachel and Matt. Maija and Becca made us signs with our favorite beverage or, in my case, food which they had waiting for us at the finish line.
For Rachel: chocolate milk. For Matt: Cass, which is a type of beer over here, and for me: Bugles. Still obsessed.


Go Team Awesome. :)

1 comment: