Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 2010!

Hello, family and friends.

I hope all is well back home. Life is good here in Seoul. I had a wonderful couple of weeks with Tim. For some of you that have yet to meet Tim, he's a great guy, to say the least, and I'm excited for you to meet him. We met in college and have been friends for ten years. We reconnected this fall when I moved back to Minnesota and we decided, heck, why not be together while I fly to the other side of the world to live for twelve months? Sounds like fun, right? ;)

Joking aside, it has been a wonderful few months of emailing and skype chatting. And thankfully Tim was able to make it out here for a two-week stay. We had a blast. We tooled around the city together when I didn't have to work and when I did work, Tim explored on his own and made it back to school to catch a quick lunch with me on most days. He also came with me to school to meet all of the preschool students. It was fun to have him meet Minhan and Tony A. and all of the children that I talk about constantly. He also met all of my friends here in Seoul and of course they all loved him. :)

I just think it's so great to have people from different parts of my life connecting, especially when I talk about them with everyone. Which reminds me: how great is this?! Rach, who's been my best friend since high school, and Lyndsey, my 'DC bestie', met in January when Lyndsey came to visit me in Minnesota. They got along so well that Lyndsey flew back to MN this weekend just to visit Rach! You girls had better be reading my blog and talking about me. ;) You're welcome for the introduction. :)

Anyway, big changes are taking place for me here. We had a fun dinner last night for all of the preschool teachers. We said goodbye to Matt and Maija and some of the afternoon teachers. Matt and Maija are vacationing in China, Thailand and Cambodia and then heading back to Toronto. I'm really going to miss them. They've been so great. We have two new teachers that I finally got to talk with last night at dinner and they're really nice. Next month, Rachel leaves us. Tear.

I have a few weeks now before the next batch of visitors. Lyndsey and Gene, my two DC friends-for-life :), will be in Seoul at the end of June! Yesssss! Until then, I'll be preparing for a big couple of weeks at school. We have 'open class' in preschool where the parents come to observe me teaching their children. I also have a fun weekend coming up. I'll be hiking Jirisan Mountain with some friends. It's located in southern Korea and it is supposed to be beauooootiful. Hopefully I'll have some amazing photos for the next update!

Abubbye,
Kelly



Tim saw this in the metro. I was excited because I thought it was a throwback to Short Circuit! Turns out it's Wall-E. I hear that's also a good movie.



Tim and I during one of our morning strategy sessions on the bus. What should Tim do today while Kelly is at school? :)



Lunch! Good ol' kimbap and koguma (sweet potatoes) and some other goodness. I wonder if I'll ever get sick of this food?


We watched the lantern parade on the weekend before Buddha's Birthday.


And of course made our way to Everest, my favorite restaurant, with Becca. This was our second dinner there. YUM.


Matt and Maija were excited to have another couple around. This was double date night! Gosh, I'm going to miss them.


Tim and I took a weekend trip to Cheonan for a few days, mostly just walked around the smaller downtown area. This guy was just chillin' at the bus stop...on the side of the building. No big deal.



Spent an afternoon at Taejosan Park.


Pretty green!


Nice purse. ;)


Olaf peops: looks like the Ole Store has gone global. Har har har.

The lovely lady at the kimbap restaurant. An addition to the list of restaurants that ask me if I want my usual. ;)
Post-run on the Han River. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment